We eat 3x/day or in my household 5x/day - never forget 10am and 3pm snack - which has prepared us for Kenyan culture. Everyone stops for chai break at 10:30am and 3pm. Seriously though, I think I'm writing so much about food, grocery shopping, etc. because that's one of my main domains. Since Abby has been born, one of my most important responsibilities is caring for my family - and one of the main ways that I do that is by feeding them. I truly enjoy cooking & baking; and I love the feeling of being on top of my game (as regards to shopping, meal planning, lunch packing, etc.). Now, I'm not so organized that I have a month worth of meals planned and posted on my fridge and a recurring grocery list in my iphone (oh wait, i don't have an iphone), but I've got things pretty well under control in providing what I like to think are usually tasty, economical, healthful, kid-friendly, globally & locally friendly meals (no pressure on myself, there). We've been hearing a lot about God's sovereignty over the past couple of weeks - in the big picture and in the little details. Its so easy to forget about that and think that I am in charge of the little details in my life - I am humbled every day by the new challenges I'm facing. I am learning to rely on Him in new ways and to walk through each day with a little more humility than the last.
By the way, have I mentioned what its like to live without a dishwasher? and without a clothes dryer?
No comments:
Post a Comment