Thursday, September 3, 2009

Music Classes

I taught Kindergarten, 3rd grade and 2nd grade today. The Kindergarteners definitely stole my heart. They were just precious. (Do I sound like a southerner?) The older kids were pretty great too. Really, all my classes this week have been fun. The students are enthusiastic; and they participate with great joy as we sing together.

I've been reading them Psalm 100 as we begin our year together:
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
Come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
His faithfulness continues through all generations."

Tomorrow I teach Abby's first grade class. She is so excited for me to be her music teacher!

Two weeks from Sunday the K-4 classes will open worship at RVA Church with "Open the Eyes of My Heart". I can't wait for them to all sing together - each class sounds wonderful singing on its own.

1 comment: