Friday, September 11, 2009

Our View & The Weather

This photo shows a bit of the view from our yard. Its breathtakingly beautiful here in the mountains, overlooking the valley. The days are often sunny and reach mid-70s during the day. The nights are starry and cool (50s-60s). The sunny weather makes for beautiful days, however the land here is parched. Kenya is in desperate need of rain. The people cannot produce enough food. Most families have "chambas" or little gardens at their homes which they rely on to feed their families. Without rain, their chambas have produced little. It has rained only once since we've been here for almost a month now. We continue to pray for rain and for provision for the people.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    We are moving to Kijabe (lower station) in early November. I have 3 little ones - 4months, 22 months and 3 1/2). I am so happy to hear about the preschool co-op. No one had mentioned it to me. My daughter will be thrilled! I've enjoyed peeking at your blog and learning about our new home. I look forward to meeting you soon!

    Megan Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Harteminks:
    We read all your posts, thanks for letting us in your lives there. the lives you are living now reminded me so much of my childhood growing up in china: it was sort of a safe, free and uninhibited environment for kids but I think it was hard on my mom and dad since every thing was so labor intensive: making meals, laundry, heating in the winter time, cleaning, etc.
    So happy to know that Andrew can go to "school" now, he's probably thoroughly enjoying it. Hope Melissa adjust well with the cooking/food situation. We pray that you stay happy and healthy.

    June Carbonneau

    ReplyDelete