Yesterday afternoon, a new friend (a retired English teacher from Colorado, but who is originally from Greensboro, NC) showed up on my doorstep with many little blessings yesterday afternoon: chocolate chips, two vases of flowers, licorice for Abby and Andrew, decorative napkins, stories to share, humor, a listening ear, and wisdom from the Scriptures. We shared a cup of tea with the papa razi close by (Andrew has recently started using our old digital camera and took about 100 shots during our visit).
No sooner had she left than another friend and two of her four chldren came by with muffins/cupcakes for our dessert. AND we had been invited to dinner with our even another family. I'm feeling blessed. I am blessed. God is taking good care of us!
At our staff meeting Tuesday, the women met together for about an hour for worship/singing, sharing with one another, and praying for one another - a very encouraging time. Today, I found out about a few women's Bible study gatherings that occur weekly and I will look forward to joining one of those as soon as we figure out our schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment